Love Yourself, Heal Your Life is a philosophy created by Louise L. Hay. Louise taught that the key to healing anything is loving our self and that our thoughts and beliefs create our reality.
Do your beliefs serve you and support you? Many of our core beliefs are formed in childhood; influenced by our caregivers and family, our faith, schooling, surroundings, media and popular messaging, and other early life experiences. From birth until about 7 years old, our subconscious is like a sponge, and thats when many of our core and subconscious beliefs are created, formed, and internalized. Some of these beliefs we may not even be aware of. Do you notice family history repeating with you, or a similar theme of experiences continuing to occur in your life? Maybe you have thoughts like this always happens, or such and such never happens. Our life experience is influenced greatly by our beliefs. Once we are aware of our beliefs and repeating thought patterns, we can strengthen and preserve the thoughts that support us and we can dissolve or replace the thoughts that do not serve us.
Louise Hay often referred to the mind as a garden, where we plant and nurture beauty and tend to the weeds.
Some of my favorite points of Louise Hay’s philosophy are:
• “The gateways to wisdom and knowledge are always open.”
• “We are each responsible for all of our experiences.”
• “Every thought we think is creating our future.”
• “The point of power is always in the present moment.”
• “Releasing resentment will dissolve even cancer.“
• “We must be willing to begin to learn to love ourselves.”
• “Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are the keys to positive changes.”
• “When we really love ourselves, everything in our life works.”
Louise Hay is the best-selling author of You Can Heal Your Life, a book that has helped many people transform and heal their lives. Louise Hay had the opportunity to really practice what she taught when she was diagnosed with cancer. She healed herself using her own philosophy and lived to be 90 years old. Louise Hay is the creator of the publishing company Hay House.